When To Plant When we first started to create WhenToPlant.com we quickly
found that we were in a bit over our heads. The website needed to be launched within weeks, but the amount of programing necessary would require
months. We decided to release the website in stages, allowing us to test and revise along the development path while still making the lastest
completed website capabilities available to all the users.
This is our general plan, so you can see where we are at and how far we've come. Please contact us if you have any input or want to help write for the site!
- When To Plant Initial Release. Getting everything started.
- When To Plant 1.1. Add little content, debug system, repeat.
- When To Plant 1.2. Make changes to core system to accommodate results from 1.1.
- When To Plant 1.3. Intergrate Social Media. (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter)
- When To Plant 1.4. Improve design, readability, organization, clean and comment all code.
- When To Plant 1.4.4. Fine tune design and presentation.
- When To Plant 1.6. Contact Universities or existing businesses to help develop site content. (Contact Us)
- When To Plant 1.8. Improve the sales system, maybe start our own online store. We'll deal with this when we get to it.
- When To Plant Ver 2. User Intergration: Login, Dashboard, Account Settings, ways for users to interact, etc.
- When To Plant 2.1. After the basic login funcality is in place we'll intergrate a forum style system, starting with conversations on specific plants.
- When To Plant 2.2. Build CRUD for user profiles.
- When To Plant 2.3. Comment system intergrated for all content.
- When To Plant 2.4. Open market - for users to find new seeds or plants from other users and trade for them.
- When To Plant 2.5. Other Ideas.
- When To Plant Ver 3. Revise & Plan for next major phase
- When To Plant Ver 4. Let's see where the wind takes us!
After the website is functional and revenue comes in we will be persuing a number of worth causes. Fighting hunger, starting community gardens, and distributing food. More information will be posted as it becomes available.